Welcome to Clan MacFarlane Worldwide!
If you're like the rest of us you have no doubt found yourself pondering your heritage. Maybe your interest was nurtured as a child or maybe it was just discovered. Either way, we're glad your interest has led you here and we invite you to become part of our worldwide, yet tight, community. Our goals are to educate, share, and take pride in our heritage.
We are MacFarlanes of all spelling variations, McGaws, Spruells, Robbs, Millers, Websters, Weavers, Blacks and many others. Together we form a organization that's kept by the strongest of bonds... family. We answer to the call Loch Sloy, we carry the arms of our forefathers, we preserve the heritage that is so uniquely yours and ours.
It is with your support that the heritage of Clan MacFarlane will continue to thrive for another 800 years. Please join today.
Clan MacFarlane Worldwide, Inc. Annual Membership Meeting
April 27, 2019 2:00 PM in the CMW Tent in Woodland, California
- Welcome and Call to Order/President’s Report – Laurie McFarland Jackson
- Treasurers Report – Treasurer Chuck Poland
- Membership Report – Sandy McFarland Morgan
- Genealogy Report - Genealogist Mary Helen Haines
- Elections Report – Christina McFarland Helms
- Publications Report – Marie Robb
- Merchandise Report – Wil Goldstein
- Internet Committee (website, Facebook) – Preston McFarland
- Heritage – Preston McFarland
- Games and Gatherings - Bill Lennox
- New Business
- AMM locations 2020 and 2021 **
- Scotland 2020 Trip – Laurie
- Flowers of the Forest
** Suggestions from the CMW Board are described, below (Recommendations can also be taken from the floor during the AMM.):
- Stone Mt, Georgia http://www.smhg.org/ Located in the Northeast suburbs of Atlanta GA. It is held mid-October. On Saturday and Sunday, the meadows and meandering tree-lined paths will be transformed into the impressive mix of sights and sounds of a Scottish Highland Games presented in a uniquely southern style. CMW has not been in this location for almost a decade. We have many members in the south.
- Livonia, Michigan https://highlandgames.com/ First weekend of August. Fly into Detroit. Plenty of hotels just a couple of blocks away. Friday ceilidh, Saturday Games with everything. Our Canadian friends can make it, centrally located, oldest continuous game in the U.S. This is a favorite game for Elliott Macfarlane. He has his MacFarlane Co. tent set up there, and he said he would be happy to assist. Elliott also suggested, “The grounds are big and we can put up a tent or maybe use a building.” Our Jenna and Andrew McFarland (with son, Windom) host our tent at these games.
Previous AMM Locations include 2x Estes Park, Colorado, 1x Stone Mountain, Georgia. 2x California (Pleasanton and Woodland), 1x Scotland, 1x Tennessee, 1x Fergus, Canada