John McFarland, Jr. 1739-1803
MACFARLANE HERITAGE TRAIL
ANCESTOR: John McFarland, Jr.
DATE OF BIRTH: Feb 4, 1739 PLACE: Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania
PARENTS’ NAMES: John and Mary Montgomery McFarland
CHILDREN’S NAMES: John (1764-1820) m. Rebecca Bell; Mary (1764-aft. 1796) m. Alexander Ward; Rachel (1766-abt. 1845) m. John Ward, John Ogden; Benjamin (1767-1859) m. Ruth B. Jack; George (1769-bef. 1830) m. Sally Jack; Jacob (1772-1843) m. Eliz. Webb, Nancy Cathey; James Ray (1773-1839) m. Frances Webb; William (1775-1834) m. Susannah George; Reuben A. (1778-bet. 1850-60) m. Martha Campbell; David (1780-1835) m. Margaret McDowell; Catherine (1782-?)m. unk. Cain; Jesse (1784-1825) m. Isabella Henry Boyd; Anna (1786-aft. 1850) m. George Cathey
MARRIAGE TO: Mary Kinder PLACE: abt. 1762 in Virginia
DATE OF DEATH: abt. 1803
BURIAL: probably Locust Old Field Cemetery in Canton, Haywood Co. NC
RESIDENCES (List all, including years):
1. Donegal township, Lancaster Co. 1739-abt. 1747 (see grandfather Robert’s sheet)
2. McFarland land, Reed Creek area, present day Wythe Co. VA 1747-1756 (see father John’s sheet)
3. Big Otter River area, Bedford Co. Va 1756-abt. 1770. The land was not sold until 1778; however John appears on militia lists in Montgomery Co. in 1772.
1764: Deed Book 2, p. 433-434, Aug. 28. John McFarland (this would be John McFarland Jr.) purchased 212.5 acres from Joshua Early, both of the Parish of Russell, for 50 pounds current money. It is described as being at the head of Medoes's Creek. When this plat is sold May 25, 1778 in Deed Book 6, p. 48, John McFarland Jr. of County of Montgomery is selling it to Lyonell Brown for 100 pounds current money and the land is described as being at the head of Medow's Creek. In researching this plot of land further back in time, it was originally a patent belonging to Richard Randolph in Aug. 30, 1744, part of 3233 acres on the north side of the Otter River, at head of branches of Buffalo Creek and Elk Creek. The name Medoes's Creek, or any variation, has not been discovered so far. The estate of Richard Randolph of Henrico Co. sold this 212.5 plot to Joshua Early on July 24, 1764 for 50 pounds before Joshua sold it to John McFarland shortly after for the same amount. (FHL #1940776)
#2 is probable location of John Jr.’s land, #1 is his father’s
Robert McFarland 1675-1751
MACFARLANE HERITAGE TRAIL
ANCESTOR: Robert McFarland
BORN: abt. 1675-80 in northern Ireland
EMIGRATED FROM: northern Ireland, prob. Co. Donegal or Tyrone DATE: abt. 1719
IMMIGRATED TO: Pennsylvania DATE: abt. 1719
MARRIED TO: Jennet
PARENTS’ NAMES: unknown
CHILDREN’S NAMES: John (1706-8 to 1784) m. to Mary Montgomery, James (1710-1752) m. to Margaret Greer, Rachel (1713-1797) m. to John Wilkins, John Ramsey, Gordon Howard, Joseph (1715-1759) m. to Jean unk , Robert (1717-1797) m. to Esther Dunn, Rebecca (1720-abt. 1805) m. to Andrew Mayes, Samuel McElhenny.
DATE OF DEATH: 1751 in Donegal township, Lancaster Co. PA
BURIAL: Unknown, probably on his land
RESIDENCE: 1 mile south of Mount Joy on Chiques Creek 1720-1751
MACFARLANE HERITAGE TRAIL PROJECT
ANCESTOR INFORMATION FORM
1. Please provide as complete and detailed information as you know. Otherwise leave spaces blank. Other members may have provided more information than you can provide. That information may be in the database.
2. Complete one form for each ancestor. Do not include information for any additional ancestors on the same form. NOTE: Save a copy of the blank form as a template to submit information on each ancestor and for printing more sheets.
3. PLACES: Please list street addresses and country, state or province, county, township or town, place name or a description of where the place is located for each life event you list, if known, each on a separate line. NOTE: If you can provide photos and/or Google Earth images of a place location, it would be helpful, but not required. The coordinator will attempt to add the GPS coordinates.
4. Use as many additional sheets as necessary.
ANCESTOR (Last name, first name and middle initial, if known):
DATE OF BIRTH:___ PLACE:___
EMIGRATION (1st known ancestor): FROM:___ DATE:___
MARRIAGE (LIST ALL): ___PLACE:___
DATE OF DEATH:___ PLACE:___
BURIAL (Date, cemetery):___ PLACE:___
RESIDENCES (List all, including years):___ PLACE:___
OTHER LIFE EVENTS:
BAPTISM (Date or year, church):___ PLACE:___
CHURCHES ATTENDED (List all, including years):___ PLACE:___
MILITARY SERVICE (List all places):___ PLACE:___
SCHOOL(S) ATTENDED (List all):___ PLACE:___
ADULT ACTIVITIES (Occupation, Clubs, Politics, Etc.):
Submitted By: Date:
Rootsweb Family tree link: