Committee descriptions follow the current ByLaws. Committee members are volunteer positions; if you see a committee you would be interested in joining, please contact one of the members in that committee.
Mary Helen Haines,
Section 9.1.2 Membership Committee. The Membership Committee will:
1) Oversee the smooth processing of all applications for membership;
2) Answer all inquiries concerning membership;
3) Keep and maintain an electronic file of all active and inactive members in a secure electronic location (e.g., CMW corporate drive) which will be made available to the Board of Directors/Advisors and selected committee members as designated by the Board of Directors;
4) Work closely with other CMW committees to ensure smooth and quick transfer of all membership information as necessary;
5) Prepare and provide an annual membership report for inclusion in the newsletter and posting on the website based on end of year (31 December) numbers; and
6) Report to the members at the AMM on the status of membership. This will be a written as well as an oral presentation.
Section 9.1.7 Election Committee. The Election Committee will:
1) Be comprised of a chairperson and a minimum of two members appointed by the Board of Directors;
2) Announce via electronic means (i.e., mass email) by March 11, to eligible voting members, that nominations for directors are due by April 11;
3) Ensure each nominated candidate has agreed to run;
4) Verify with the Membership Committee that each candidate meets the following qualifications to run:
a) has been a current voting member for a minimum of one (1) years as of April 11; and
b) is not a current director, officer or commissioner of a competing association.
5) Receive candidate applications and resumes by May 11;
6) Publish via electronic means (e.g., mass email), by June 11th, to eligible voting members, a slate of candidates for the Board of Directors with their qualifications for office;
7) Obtain a list of eligible voters on the Record Date of June 11 from the Chairman of the Membership Committee;
8) Electronic ballots to each eligible voting member on August 11 and close the voting at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time September 12;
9) Open electronic results jointly with the Election Committee chair, and a minimum of two designates as approved by the Board of Directors for the purposes of independent verification of the results;
10) Store the details (i.e., numbers only) to a permanent/protected file on our corporate drive for Election committee member review;
11) Report the results of the election to the Secretary. The Secretary will then advise each nominated candidate of the results prior to any other announcements; and
12) Subsequently report, or cause to be reported, the results of the election to CMW members via electronic means (e.g., the CMW web-site, the CMW social media and in the LochSloy!.)
Mary Helen Haines,
Peter E. McFarland
Section 9.1.4 Genealogy Committee. The Genealogy Committee will:
1) Assist members of the Corporation in researching their lineage;
2) Assist members of the public with questions about MacFarlane genealogy;
3) Work with FamilyTreeDNA in the MacFarlane project;
4) Promote the use of DNA testing to our members to further our knowledge of MacFarlane and Septs evolution and connections;
5) Maintain written and digital records of member’s lineages;
6) Provide regular reports of the committee’s work to our CMW website and our quarterly newsletter; and
7) Prepare an annual report of activities for the Annual Membership Meeting.
Sandy McFarland Morgan
Section 9.1.8 Fiscal Committee. The Fiscal Committee will:
1) Work with the Treasurer and President to compile an annual budget for the Corporation;
2) Submit the budget for a simple majority vote/approval of the Board of Directors;
3) At the request of the board, oversee an (internal) audit of the financial records of the Corporation and submit a report of the audit to the Board of Directors; and;
4) Secure a complete and independent (external) financial audit at the discretion of the Board of Directors
Sandy McFarland Morgan,
Section 9.1.6 Merchandising Committee. The Merchandising committee will:
1) Oversee copyrighted materials;
2) Design and manufacture merchandise;
3) Approve production of materials for purchase with CMW logo;
4) Negotiate vendor contracts for CMW and submitting for Board approval.
5) Ensure online orders are fulfilled and that a regular inventory of merchandise is conducted; and
6). Send a monthly report to the treasurer of merchandise sales
Mary Helen Haines,
Section 9.1.9 Information Technology Committee. The Information Technology Committee will be chaired by an approved member of the Board of Directors. The role will be that of a facilitator/co-ordinator. The Information Technology committee will consist of three subcommittees:
CMW Website Development & Support. This subcommittee will:
1) Create and/or maintain and register the official website of Clan Macfarlane Worldwide, Inc.;
2) Coordinate and work closely with other committees;
3) Prepare a report for the Annual Membership Meeting to be submitted to the Information Technology Committee Chair;
4) Review yearly and recommend administrators/publishers to the Board of Directors for approval. Administrators/publishers must be CMW voting members in good standing; and
5) Ensure all fees are paid so as to retain the clanmacfarlane.org domain.
Social Media Support. This subcommittee will:
1) Maintain a social networking site (e.g., Facebook™) that is timely with adequate safeguards in place for ensuring materials that are appropriate for public posting; :
2) Screening and approval of new members in a timely manner;
3) Coordinate and work closely with other committees;
4) Prepare a report for the Annual Membership Meeting, to be submitted to the Information Technology Committee Chair; and.
5) Review yearly and recommend administrators/moderators to the Board of Directors for approval. Administrators and moderators must be CMW voting members in good standing.
Collaboration/Productivity Application Support (e.g., Google Suites™). This subcommittee will:
1) Provide support to the Collaboration/Productivity application as utilized by CMW (e.g., Google Suites™). This consists of the following, but is not inclusive to the following: CMW email. CMW Discussion Forums and the CMW Corporate Drive; and
2) Review administrator rights on a yearly basis. Administrators will consist of the CMW President, Secretary and a board member as approved by the Board of Directors.
GAMES AND GATHERINGS:
Section 9.1.1 Games and Gatherings Committee. The Games and Gatherings Committee will:
1) Assist hosting Delegates in planning the Annual Membership Meeting;
2) Serve as advisors and liaisons to the state/province delegates for representation at Highland games, gatherings, and festivals;
3) Provide guidance for representing the corporation at tents with the Tent handbook; and
4) Provide all necessary forms and banners for soliciting/enrolling new members at games and gatherings.
Peter McFarlin (Muniments Project)
Section 9.1.3 Heritage Committee. The Heritage Committee will:
1) Keep and be responsible for gathering and organizing Clan history and the Scottish history as it relates to Clan MacFarlane;
2) Keep and be responsible for items of antiquity that come into CMW possession;
3) Work closely with the Genealogy Director and Website Administrator;;
4) Prepare a written report of activities for the Annual Membership Meeting; and
5) Promote the education and culture of Clan MacFarlane.
Mary Helen Haines,
Section 9.1.5 Publications Committee. The Publications Committee will:
1) Receive, compile, edit, and publish material in the quarterly newsletter;
2) The publication will be published on the website and made available to paying members in good standing..